Job Announcement 2010-4004
Job Title: DIRECTOR OF FOOD SERVICE
Department: Food Service
Reports To: Vice President for Finance and Administrative Services
FLSA Status: Exempt
Salary: Commensurate with Education & Experience
Starting Date: Immediately
Closing Date: Open until filled. Screening to begin October 5, 2009
The Director of Food Service administers the food service program for the College according to policies and procedures, supervises and trains food service personnel, develops and maintains high standards of food preparation and service with emphasis on menu appeal and nutritional value and maintains high standards of sanitation and safety.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Maintains quality service standards and profitability of food service operations and catering services on multiple campuses
2. Supervises food service requirements with outside vendors as approved to provide food service at some campuses
3. Supervises menu planning based on customer preference, established menu guidelines and approved menus
4. Maintains a purchasing system consistent with purchasing guidelines
5. Prepares and maintains all records for required audits and reviews
6. Prepares, monitors, and administers the food services budget; monitors and analyzes all revenue sources; reviews and authorizes all program expenditures
7. Assesses customer preference, industry trends and current research to develop a long range plan that facilitates continuous program improvement
8. Maintains an efficient food service operation and a high quality food service staff by recruiting, selecting, training, scheduling, supervising and evaluating all food service personnel
9. Coordinates all equipment maintenance with the appropriate personnel
10. Ensures safe and sanitary work conditions, food handling and operating procedures in accordance with applicable laws, regulations, and industry standards
11. Develops and implements a catering plan for College activities
Supervises Food Service department staff
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Background in food service program requirements
2. Skill in motivating and supervising food service personnel
3. Possess an understanding of food service program finances
4. Effective communication skills and strong interpersonal skills
5. Subject to national criminal background check under STC Policy
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
*Bachelor's degree in Hotel and Restaurant Management
*Minimum five (5) years experience in food service or related field with two years as a manager
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of employees, managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk, use hands, and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and ability to adjust focus.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
WORK ENVIRONMENT The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
HOW TO APPLY: Submit letter of application, STC application, resume, copies of transcripts (official transcripts required BEFORE assignment begins) and five professional references with addresses and phone numbers to:
SOUTH TEXAS COLLEGE
OFFICE OF HUMAN RESOURCES
2501 W. Pecan Blvd.
McAllen, TX 78501
No person shall be excluded from participation in, denied the benefits of, or be subject to discrimination under any program or activity sponsored or conducted by South Texas College on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, veteran status, or disability.