South Texas College
Job Announcement 2011-4001
Job Title: VICE PRESIDENT FOR FINANCE AND ADMINISTRATIVE SERVICES
Department: Finance and Administrative Services Division
Reports To: President
FLSA Status: Exempt
Salary: Commensurate with Education & Experience
Starting Date: As soon as possible
Closing Date: Open until filled. Screening to begin May 23, 2011
The Vice President is responsible for maintaining sound fiscal management, ensuring regulatory compliance for each division, providing leadership in the implementation of finance and administrative programs and in facilities planning and in management to support the teaching-learning process.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Maintains sound fiscal management
2. Maintains regulatory compliance in each of the following departments: business, purchasing, human resources, payroll, facility construction, maintenance and operations, risk management, security, auxiliary services, including food services
3. Makes effective purchasing decisions which meet policy and staff needs, and provides staff with the resources in a timely manner
4. Works with college personnel to develop the budget and project staffing, capital equipment, operation, travel, and building and facility needs
5. Collects tuition and fees on a timely basis and by the census date to keep students enrolled
6. Provides leadership for effective human resources management including hiring procedures, benefits, staffing plans, workers' compensation, employee training and other human resources processes
7. Maintains a clean and working environment for employees and students
8. Provides sound management of general services including fixed assets, inventories, mail delivery, prompt delivery of merchandise to staff, food services to students and effective security services
9. Provides leadership for effective facilities management, planning, and construction
10. Assesses the quality and effectiveness of finances and administrative services and uses results for strategic planning
11. Develops and maintains policies in the areas of finance and administrative services
12. Performs other duties as assigned
Supervises directors of business, purchasing, facilities, human resources, facility construction, operations and maintenance, and food services
Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Demonstrated experience with implementation of computer-based financial system, analyses and related technology
2. Demonstrated ability to provide vigorous, creative, and effective fiscal management
3. Strong written and verbal skills
4. Proven supervisory and staff developmental skills
5. Evidence of commitment to collegiality and professional development and integration
6. Demonstrated sensitivity and ability to be successful within a multi-cultural environment
7. Subject to a national criminal background check under STC policy
Education and/or Experience
*Minimum of Master's degree in financial or business related field. Masters in educational or public administration, or a related discipline may be considered. Doctoral degree and/or Certified Public Accountant licensure desirable.
*Five years progressive management experience in financial and administrative services in higher education, or public administration, preferably at a community college. Experience in business or private sector may be considered in lieu of higher education experience.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from students, customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of trustees.
Ability to address practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
HOW TO APPLY: Submit letter of intent, STC application, resume, copies of transcripts (official transcripts required BEFORE assignment begins) and five professional references with addresses and phone numbers to:
SOUTH TEXAS COLLEGE
OFFICE OF HUMAN RESOURCES
2501 W. Pecan Blvd.
McAllen, TX 78501
No person shall be excluded from participation in, denied the benefits of, or be subject to discrimination under any program or activity sponsored or conducted by South Texas College on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, veteran status, or disability.
Position # 700360