South Texas College
Job Announcement 2012-4003
Job Title: DEAN OF ENROLLMENT SERVICES
Department: Enrollment Services
Reports To: Vice President for Student Affairs & Enrollment Management
FLSA Status: Exempt
Salary: Commensurate with Education & Experience
Starting Date: Immediately
Closing Date: Open until filled. Screening to begin July 16, 2012
Provides leadership in leveraging technology and innovation to improve resource utilization and customer service, as well as implementing leading-edge systems and business processes in the following areas: Student Outreach Services, Admissions and Records, Welcome Centers, Student Information Centers, and Call Centers in order to achieve the College District's enrollment goals.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Provides administrative leadership for the integrated delivery of enrollment services, including Student Outreach Services, Admissions and Records, Assessment, Welcome Centers, Student Information Centers and Call Centers for the College District.
2. Develops, implements, and administers policies within the various enrollment services departments
3. Provides leadership, on-going support, serves as a resource and contributes to the College and District's enrollment management plan, implementation, and related reporting requirements
4. Provides support to students in the enrollment services process by problem solving, improving services, and removing barriers
5. Ensures compliance with state and federal regulations and college and district policies within the enrollment services departments
6. Collaborates with the academic, information services and planning and administrative divisions to enhance enrollment services and to provide college-wide coordination and support
7. Researches, analyzes, and produces regular reports on College enrollment and student characteristics to include in-district students, out of district students, and dual enrollment student trends
8. Co-leads the design, plan, and coordination of all aspects for the annual STC Commencement for students, faculty, staff, invited guests, platform party, and honored guests, and serves as co-chair of the Commencement Committee.
9. Serves on other committees as requested
10. Develops and oversees the annual budgets for all enrollment services departments, in collaboration with the Directors and other lead staff
11. Hires, mentors, and evaluates administrators, managers and leads for each department in enrollment services
12. Performs other duties as assigned
Supervises administrators, coordinators, managers and leads for each department and unit which comprises enrollment services
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Demonstrated excellence in supervision and interpersonal relations
2. Excellent written and oral communication skills and interpersonal skills
3. Demonstrated knowledge of enrollment management principles and strategies
4. Knowledge of college policies and regulations
5. Demonstrated commitment to the community college philosophy of education
6. Must be able to work in a multi-cultural setting and willing to work some weekends and evenings
CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECKS
All applicants are subject to a national criminal background check under STC policy
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
*Seven years of professional experience in higher education, community college experience preferred, including five years of administrative experience
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations related to enrollment services. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of students, administrators, staff and the general public. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of students, administrators, staff and the general public. Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of trustees related to enrollment services and management
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, and sit. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
HOW TO APPLY: Submit letter of intent, STC application, resume, copies of transcripts (official transcripts required BEFORE assignment begins) and five professional references with addresses and phone numbers to:
SOUTH TEXAS COLLEGE
OFFICE OF HUMAN RESOURCES
2501 W. Pecan Blvd.
McAllen, TX 78501
No person shall be excluded from participation in, denied the benefits of, or be subject to discrimination under any program or activity sponsored or conducted by South Texas College on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, veteran status, or disability.