SOUTH TEXAS COLLEGE
Job Announcement 2012-4007
Job Title: DIRECTOR OF ACCOUNTABILITY SERVICES
Department: Office of Accountability Services
Reports To: The President
FLSA Status: Exempt
Salary: Commensurate with Education & Experience
Starting Date: Immediately
Closing Date: Open until filled. Screening to begin July 18, 2012
The Director is responsible for overseeing and supervising the functions of the Office of Accountability Services and ensuring that all department functions are properly executed with maximum efficiency and accountability.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Plans, manages, and integrates the components of performing internal control reviews, performance analysis, and management review projects
2. Supervises internal control reviews, performance analysis, and management review projects
3. Performs academic and departmental reviews, giving specific attention to program effectiveness, operational efficiency, accreditation, compliance, and institutional purpose and policy
4. Researches, analyzes, and diagnoses problems and recommends solutions by working closely with department personnel and management
5. Advises executive and administrative management of findings and solutions, and recommended action plan for the department's corrective action and improvement
6. Consults with the President, Cabinet, Vice Presidents and Management on issues of accountability, performance and process improvement, and issues related to audits conducted by external agencies, separation of duty, quality control, public accountability, and compliance
7. Provides departments under review with recommendations for performance and process improvement, and
8. Performs other duties as assigned
Supervises the Office of Accountability staff
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Possess a background in program review, assessment, performance analysis or operational fiscal auditing
2. Excellent communication in interpersonal skills and a demonstrated commitment to the community college philosophy
3. Ability to acquire an understanding of the internal operations of a department or division within the institution and recognize areas of activity requiring improvement, correction, or standardization
4. Possess a strong background in computer applications to assist with the responsibilities of the position
5. Ability to apply process and performance analysis to the essential responsibilities of the position
CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECKS
All applicants are subject to a national criminal background check under STC policy
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
*Bachelor's degree in accounting, business, or related technical field; Master's degree preferred.
*Experience in related field and collegiate environment preferred
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business procedure manuals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of manages employees, and governmental agencies.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret and extensive variety of technical instructions and deal with several abstract and concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance, vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
HOW TO APPLY: Submit letter of intent, STC application, resume, copies of transcripts (official transcripts required BEFORE assignment begins) and five professional references with addresses and phone numbers to:
SOUTH TEXAS COLLEGE
OFFICE OF HUMAN RESOURCES
2501 W. Pecan Blvd.
McAllen, TX 78501
No person shall be excluded from participation in, denied the benefits of, or be subject to discrimination under any program or activity sponsored or conducted by South Texas College on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, veteran status, or disability.